Thursday, March 5, 2009

30 by 30

On days like this ,around the first of spring, where the sun is shining and the birds are singing I always get motivated to do something. Anything really. I like to organize my thoughts and set some concrete goals. It's kind of like my own little New Year. I am going to be 30 on November 28Th 2010 that's only 632 days away. So I decided to make a 30 by 30 list like many of my friends have done. I think it's a great idea! For those of you who don't know what a 30 by 30 list is, it is simply a list of your goals and things that you would like to do that you have never done before. Things that maybe you have been putting off until a more convenient time. And although 30 is the new 20, there are definitely some things that I would love to do before I turn 30.


1.) Take Justin back to Montana on vacation (completed in October of 2009)
2.) Take my babies to Disneyland (Not Disney world)
3.) Get in the best shape of my life
4.) Find a church that I love
5.) Go white water rafting
6.) Swim with a dolphin
7.) Help a stranger
8.) Take dance lessons with Justin
9.) Take the kids to the pool without feeling self conscious
10.) Reach my final year of college
11.) Go on a vacation with just my mom and me :)
12.) Go to a place I have never been before (Riviera Maya in Mexico. It was an awesome trip thanks to my great friends and husband that were with me! So relaxing...)
13.) Read a book. And not Dr. Seuss...
(I read Lovely Bones! Finished it on 3/26, it was pretty good...just finished Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella...this is a really light read, great for busy mama's! Who knew I would read so many books? Just finished New Moon and Eclipse)
14.) Buy a house
15.) Paint a room any color I want
16.) Cook dinner every night for a month (this is a biggie for me)
17.) Go put flowers on my Grandpa and Grandma's grave (we went on Easter Sunday which would have meant a lot to both of them since we always spent Easter at their house growing up because my Grandpa was a preacher...and a really good one! I love you both so much and miss you like crazy...)
18.) Teach my final two kids to ride their bikes
(completed on Saturday March 7th and yes they both learned on the same day...Nicholas will not be outdone)
19.) Take Corbin and the kids camping
20.) Take Nicholas to kindergarten without crying (in front of him)
21.) Meet Justin for lunch when all the kids are in school. Just because we can...
22.) Buy a porch swing and sit on it
23.) Walk in the breast cancer 3 day
24.) Kick the boys out of the house and have a girls slumber party
25.) Spend a weekend with my grandparents before they move to Maryland
26.) Go get a Mani pedi with my daughter (did this the day before I went to Mexico, it was good mommy daughter bonding time ;)
27.) Pay off our credit card debt
28.) Take a yoga class
29.) Surprise someone with something they will love
30.) Kiss my husband on the top of Niagara Falls

I will keep you posted on my progress and cross things off the list as I accomplish them! Wish me luck!!!

3 comments:

  1. Someone of those sound easy enough to do and at least you have tons of time unlike myself! No crying Michelle.... anyways if you want help I can help you with #29 - I want an apple imac before I turn 30. :>

    Love you and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I counted atleast 5 vacations in there Christen...maybe 6! When do you turn 30?! lol

    My favorites:
    14, 15, 21, 22, 26

    Ur so cute! Good luck with the list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these kind of list, they always make me think and it helps you learn things about people. I will help w/ 28 anytime you're ready to try it (want to but very intimidated) and 16 would be such a huge deal in my opinion, that sounds harder than anything! Enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete